Monday, October 17, 2011

This day in History - Bikram's critique...

Hello lovies!

Winding down Day 1 of Week 5. Took our big Anatomy exam this morning, which was a "piece of cheesecake", delivered dialogue for Triangle Pose in Posture Clinic (was one of the firsts this time to get it out of the way so I rested in the corner and flirted a bit with a boy - all in good fun!), and felt a little ballzy knowing Bikram was teaching our yoga class this evening so I practiced right in front of him hoping for a comment, wildly uncensored correction, or a chucked Coke bottle at my head - ya know, I was happy to get anything. . . And instead - when we got to Head to Knee with Stretching Pose, he said "Look at that! A perfect Head to Knee Stretching, haven't seen one in a long time! What am I going to do, you don't need me anymore!"... I didnt realize it was directed at me until I peeked out from under my left armpit and he made eye contact with me! I NEARLY soiled myself!

So Anatomy lectures are over. From here on out we will be on a varied schedule with assorted Posture Clinics (sometimes 2 in a day), Lectures, and late night Bollywood movies. Some have said that we are ahead of schedule for Dialogue Recitation so we may finish Posture Clinics by the end of Week 7. I'm sure that if that is the case, they can and will find other ways to torture us! LOL!

I'm still firming up muscles near as I can tell. Got a little water-weight off and on just by the sheer volumes of it we must drink to stay ahead of the dehydration curve. I don't mind though. At least I'm not sick or leaving the room (thankfully that whole mess has tapered off for most of the trainees at this point). My postures are getting stronger sans the Standing Bow Pulling Pose. I've totally lost my nerve in that one for some reason. But all the others are starting to look kinda pretty! Also, I'm noticing calluses appearing on absolutely bizarre parts of my body (ie tops of my feet, over my knee caps, across my hip prominences, on my fingers above my fingernails, and under my chin). These seem to be the active pressure points for alot of fixed and intense postures, so I'm not really surprised.

My calm, patience, and sense of servitude has somehow grown over the past several weeks, and it wasn't forced. It seemed to have happened naturally. Those of you that know me would probably consider me a very Type A Personality, with a very short fuse at times, and a wit and cunning with harsh words that can pierce like a double edged sword. I've gotten better about that in general over the years; I'm not nearly as careless with people's ego's as I once was. But here in the "Yoga Bubble" as some are calling it, I've really impressed myself with the amount of zen I've managed to find in the midst of high HIGH levels of physical and mental stress, coupled with a few snags in the flow back home. All I really know is that I could NOT have done any of this here at Teacher Training without my support group back home!

So a HUGE shout-out and thank you goes out to:
1) My studio owner and Bikram mentor, Lisa and Joan respectively
2) My mom and dad, and siblings
3) My (unfortunately) former roomate, Robert/Dean
4) My BEST friends Diana (and husband Stephen), Lauren and Nana, and Jew/Jefferson
5) ALL of my friends and boss at Trinity!

Good God if I forgot ANYBODY please give me a break! I love you just as much, my brain just isn't working all systems go at this point in the Training process! LOL!

Anyway, I will try to get a video up for next time. Please be safe and I can't wait to see you all when I get back HOME!!!

More laa..... Yeah you know the drill... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment