Hello Everyone! My name is Geneva. I have spent the last 7 years of my life as a Paramedic, working the streets of Oklahoma City saving lives one belligerent asshole at a time, risking life and limb at times. As you can imagine, heaving around the usual minimum 300 pound Fatty McNasty creates quite an on-the-job hazard for all of the spines and joints involved. Most EMS personnel have some kind of major back or joint injury by year 2. I have managed to beat the statistics, as I have never had a major injury. I stay fit though, running, swimming, biking, and most importantly Bikraming! I discovered Bikram Yoga a little over 2 years ago whilst visiting family in Corvallis, OR... and fell maddeningly in love with it! In Oklahoma, there has never been such a thing as Bikram Yoga, and I had to use Bikram's CD in a less-than-ideal environment (not usually very hot or humid unless I practiced on my back porch in the summer) and at a friend's mini home-studio. Well, she is a great deal more than a friend. She is what's making this whole experience possible for me! And I should really go ahead and say "THEY". Lisa and Joan are my teachers. They are laying the groundwork for the very first Bikram studio in OKC and sponsoring me to go to Los Angeles, CA and learn the ways of this hot yoga... I could NOT be any more excited about it!
So I am starting this journal off with a text entry, but with any luck, this blog will be a nice mix of video, text, and picture documentary. Many that have gone before me have used this as an outlet and to keep track of progress. I hope to achieve the same and actually stick with it, despite the overwhelming task ahead that will devour the majority of my time aside from snoozing whenever possible.
I will be posting photos soon. I am planning to take before pictures of all my poses, and post a few pose developments while I am in training, photos of site-seeing, and finally show off the finished product at the end. I will be experimenting with a video entry so that I know how to do such a thing, and other random sundry things (such as my starter survival kit for L.A. - its mostly food stuff).
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment