Thursday, September 15, 2011

T-minus 3 days 'til BKTT! (and 1,926,331 things to do!)

Seriously, the sheer volume of tasks I have yet to accomplish before getting on that plane might very well exceed our national debt number at the moment. . .

Breathe Geneva. . . You know, I had my panic attack about 2 weeks ago. The one during which all at once you question your determination, finances, and urinary/bowel continence as your only solace is saying the "F" word repeatedly. I was inconsolable for about 24 hours. Then a funny thing happened... I just let it go. And if anything, my calm has picked up some steam the past few days (true to my medic instincts: strong and steadfast to get the job done). I just cant tell you how amazing it feels to know that I'm GOING! So unreal! So epically bitchin'! I am SO clueless! :-D

My last day of work is tomorrow. I will miss my company for the 9 weeks I'm gone, but sure do need the break. More generally speaking than directed towards my job. I haven't had a vacation in about 5 years. Oh, how naive I must be to think that this will be like a VACATION... HA! It'll really sink in when I'm so sleep deprived I start insulting inanimate objects, or when I'm laying on my sweat-soaked mat cramping and dying a little inside ("ouch, my pride!"). Oh my God, I'm really going to enjoy this!!!

So I referred to a number of other bloggers who've documented their experiences and have provided invaluable advice for Bikram Yoga Teacher Training! I now have... the mother of all packing lists. And nothing green. And a truck load of tampons. I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say I'm concerned enough with trying to pack the 4 FULL sheets of paper worth, front and back, in double columns - into 2 checked bags and a carry on. Now's the time to use that beautiful engineering mind of mine to "Tetrisize" my suitcase contents!

The logistics that are required for leaving home for 9 weeks are nothing short of mind-boggling. I've actually had to break from my usual weekly BY practice to work lots of overtime at times. I'm trying to fund all of my normal bills here at home, and fund my bare minimum survival in L.A. Saving that much when you are a home-owning single gal trying to make a living, and then to go 9-11 weeks without a paycheck (11 if you figure the two weeks to earn one after you return), is to say the least, cause for pant-soiling level concern. Then, I had to get house keys to all of my "circle-of-trustees", make arrangements for house-sitting, car-sitting, and cat-sitting, and change auto-drafts at the bank. Had a few nice long talks with the boss at work, who is being SO cool about holding my job for me while I'm gone by the way! And finally the obligatory obsessive compulsive worrying, stressing, and acne-break outs. I look like a hot mess already and I haven't even had my first class with my ~400 or so classmates yet! ... Can hardly wait for homesickness to kick in (*SARCASM*).

Pictures and video WILL come. I promise. I'm taking before photos of my poses on Saturday morning, and will make some time to post a few here. I will also record a video trial-run before my Sunday morning departure. After I arrive and the (shit)ball starts rolling, I will update as I can. Realistically, I can see a good update each weekend, but if I have time to spew a few words before bed (HA! I'm still thinking I will actually get sleep!... Trust the process... Trust the process... Trust the process...) I will.

More in a couple days!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!!!

    In other news: (omg. You have a blog.)

    ReplyDelete