"HI!!!... oh geez I have a big voice!... hello..." - Was the first thing I said to Bikram himself through the microphone this afternoon. Yeah, I have big lungs, and a big voice. It's no wonder why all of my band directors through high school and college wanted me to try-out for Drum Major. Anyway, I almost blew up the speakers! I adjusted of course, and it made everybody laugh, so it was a bonus. I saved face pretty well, lowering my voice and giving off some sort of sultry british-ish "Hello... ;-)". Then I was off. I delivered my first dialogue recitation to Boss and more than 400 other people. . . WOAH. . . I don't remember much of the talking I did, and honestly I required a little prompting to get all the words out (Effing nerves) but all in all it went well. When I finished Bikram smiled smugly and said "Ah, the nerves got you in the beginning, but I know you. I know you do MUCH better than this. But good!" and called to the next nervous wreck behind me in line ("heart attack proof" my ass!). AND I'm DONE! Well, at least for delivery goes the rest of the week. Going to be pleased as punch to hunker down in the back of the room now and study future dialogue and enjoy the rest of the hot messes that cross the stage.
Additionally, yesterday was my first time to do TWO bikram yoga classes in one day. EVER. And I LIVED! And am doing really well actually. I have already hit on a winning combination of water supplements, at least for me and my body. 1 liter of water and 1 EmergenC packet, and 4-5 pinches of Sea Salt. Tastes awful, works great! So far no soreness at all, and no more of the tingling/buzzing/cramping like I experienced the first day. Sweating like you sweat in bikram yoga saps not just water out of you, but massive amounts of electrolytes; specifically, Sodium. You pee out the Potassium so as for the "heat-of-the-moment" (See, I made a funny!...), salt is the most basic thing your body needs. Raj, Bikram's wife, told us of a home made water drink she makes with salt, sugar, and lemon. I'm doing a very similar thing and it really has saved my butt these past few days!
I was able to see myself in the mirror for the first time tonight as well. I got a spot of the second row. You must understand though, this hot room can hold well over 700 people, and with all the students, staff, and guests practicing, there are like, 20 rows or more. Sadly, when I got to my spot in front of the mirror tonight, I was super tired from the day. I was tough and got most of the postures done, but I had kindof hoped to be really strong tonight, and make some strong adjustments. Meh... Everyday is different. "Like becoming virgin again, everyday", Bikram says. . . I will take pictures of this massive room soon. Watch for them in my next post!
So the schedule as far as I can tell goes something like this. . .
0830-1000 - Yoga Class
1000-1200 - Lunch Break/study dialogue
1200-1600 - Lecture/Posture Clinic
1700-1830 - Yoga class
1830-2100 - Dinner Break/study dialogue
2100-??? - Bikram's Lecture (can go til 3am or later)
That is all Monday-Friday. Saturday morning we will have class, then be set free for the rest of the weekend. Hoping to find a place to do some laundry, and see some family and friends. . . AND SLEEP. God knows Im going to need it as the rest of the 9 weeks is going to step up the intensity. Love you and miss you all back home!
More later! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment